Photo: Acorn website
With so many amazing restaurants to choose from in Denver, sometimes it can be hard to choose. That’s why you need to check out where to eat in Denver right now; here’s a list of our top favorite places to eat at the moment:
1. Acorn. Often called one of the best places to eat dinner in Denver, Acorn is unique in a number of ways. Its culinary distinction is found in its oak-fired oven and grill. Here you’ll find dishes like the house made fennel sausage & peppers with parmesan risotto. Oak grilled peppers help to make this dish a seasonal favorite. Pair your diverse dish with a cocktail that’s just as unique as your meal. You can visit Acorn on Brighton Boulevard.
2. Guard and Grace. Voted best steak dinner in Denver by 5280 Magazine for 2015 and 2016, Guard and Grace is a modern steakhouse located on California Street in the heart of downtown Denver. Besides fresh, mouth-watering steaks, the chefs at Guard and Grace also create entrees like the Scottish Salmon. This dish comes with a butternut squash puree, roasted fingerling potato, pickled red onion, and watercress vinaigrette. A raw bar is also available as well as an extensive wine list where you will find the perfect vintage to compliment your meal.
3. Table 6. There is no combination too eclectic for this table. Table 6 specializes in American comfort food with an unconventional twist. These twists can be found in a cheddar fondue that comes with a grilled pork entrée. How about sausage and brussel mash to go with your Chx Fried Steak? If you’re looking for dishes with character then this is definitely a place you need to eat in Denver right now. If you still have room for dessert don’t forget the butternut squash cheesecake or the chocolate beignets. Table 6 is located on Corona Street.
4. Work & Class. If you’re looking for a Denver restaurant that puts the “d” in different, Work & Class is it. For starters, the restaurant is housed in a shipping container along Larimer Street. Priding itself as being a no fuss restaurant, entrees combine American and Latin flavors. A red-chile braised pork or whole fried Idaho trout can be paired with sides like fried sweet plantains or horseradish smashed potatoes. One of the best things about this restaurant is that you can order the main dishes in quarter, half, or full pound sizes depending on how hungry you are.
5. Old Major. Named one of 5280 Magazine’s best restaurants in 2014 and 2015, Old Major boasts an in-house butchery and charcuterie program. Located on Tejon Street, diners can enjoy a 24 ounce Dry-Aged Colorado Ribeye steak with roasted cauliflower, foie gras butter, and house-made steak sauce. Old Major also offers small plate options like oysters of the day and ham and biscuits.
Are you hungry yet? What are you waiting for? It’s time to check out one of these great places to eat in Denver, right now!